Greenspring Montessori School is committed to making its educational programs accessible to families of all socio-economic backgrounds. To do this, we award financial aid to families who cannot afford to pay the full cost of tuition. Approximately 15% of families receive some form of financial aid. Awards may cover up to half of tuition.
Application and Award Process
Financial Aid awards at Greenspring Montessori School are need-based, and are determined through a thorough evaluative process beginning with a family’s application through FACTS Management Company, a secure online program that evaluates a family’s ability to pay tuition based on a variety of factors. Among the factors considered are: income, net worth, housing costs, number of children paying tuition, and cost of living for our area.
Upon receiving the FACTS recommendation, Greenspring Montessori School’s Tuition Assistance Committee evaluates the recommended award based upon our applicant pool and available dollars. We evaluate each application on a case-by-case basis and review all applications comparatively to ensure equity and fairness in our decisions.
The deadline for Financial Aid applications for 2013-2014 was February 19, 2013. It is still possible to apply for Financial Aid, but families who did so before the deadline will receive priority and funds for later applicants may not be available. Notification of awards for families who filed on-time were made by March 15, 2013. All other notifications will be sent after that date, according to the order in which applications are received.
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
- To begin your application, click on this link to FACTS. The application will take 30-45 minutes to complete. Once you begin, you will create a user name and password that will allow you to exit the application and return at a later time, if needed.
- To complete the online application, you will need your Federal income tax return from the most recently ended tax year. Because of this, we strongly encourage you to plan to complete and file your tax return in the first week of February. Other financial information, such as household income and expenses, utility information, insurance costs (home, life, auto, medical), medical expenses, etc, may also be requested.
- A hard copy of your filed Federal income tax return is required as part of your FACTS application, and must be sent to FACTS by the tuition assistance deadline.
- An application fee is required and can be paid to FACTS online by credit card. If you are unable to pay this fee, please contact the Head of School at (410) 321-8555.
- Applications must be submitted in their entirety by the Financial Aid deadline. Applications received after this date will be reviewed in order of date received, if funds remain for disbursement.
Education loans are also available through Tuition Solution, which offers low fixed-rates with no upfront fees. Please call the Business Office, 410-321-8555, ext.104, for more information. This program is separate from the school’s financial aid process, which gives grants, but helps a number of families to make arrangements that work for them.
For additional Financial Aid information, or if you have questions, please contact:
Director of Admissions