Greenspring Montessori at a Glance
Ages Served: 18 months through 14 years (grade 8)
Enrollment: 252 Students
Mission: Igniting purpose and voice in a fully engaged learning community
Religious Affiliation: None; in keeping with Montessori principles, Greenspring Montessori students explore and celebrate holidays from various religions, countries, and cultures to cultivate a world-wide worldview, embrace differences, and live in peace with a diverse world.
Methodology: The Montessori Method, established by Dr. Maria Montessori in Italy in 1906. This method has the benefit of being the most established, scientifically-based, scientifically-proven revolutionary approach to education in wide circulation today, and is popular around the world.
Accreditation and Licensure: Greenspring Montessori School is accredited by The American Montessori Society (AMS) and The Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS), and is licensed by the Maryland State Department of Education and the Office of Child Care of Baltimore County.
Nondiscrimination Statement: Greenspring Montessori School welcomes all students and families, and does not discriminate in its hiring, admissions practices, or any other form of access on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, sex or disability.
Academics & Special Programs
Young Toddler (18 months – 2 years)
Toddler (2-3 years)
Children’s House (3-6 years)
Kindergarten (5-6 years – third year of Children’s House)
Lower Elementary (6-9 years)
Upper Elementary (9-12 years)
Adolescent Community (12-14 years)
Average Student to Faculty Ratio (by program):
Young Toddler: 3:1
Lower Elementary: 13:1
Upper Elementary: 13:1
Middle School: 8:1
- Track and Field
After-school Enrichment Classes:
- Dance (ballet, jazz, lyrical, hip-hop, and creative movement)
- Art Club
- Naturalist Club
Specialty Classes Offered:
- Spanish Language
- Physical Education
Primary through Middle School
Enrollment: Approximately 252 Students
Campus Location: 10807 Tony Drive, at the corner of Greenspring Valley & Falls Roads in Lutherville, Maryland. Click here for directions.
Campus History: Located on the site of the historic Emerson Dairy Farm, which the school bought in 1977. Learn more about our history.
Campus Size: 6 acres.
- 3 main classroom buildings, renovated from their rustic origins as parts of Emerson Dairy Farm.
- 1 new Student Center, containing the Gym, Adolescent Community, Art & Music classrooms, Admissions & Business Offices.
- 5 playgrounds appropriate to various age levels.
- Outdoor learning space, including a campus vegetable garden, a soccer field, and wood and meadowland.
- Indoor learning spaces include computer lab, science lab, kitchen, performance stage, and a green house.
- Several smaller buildings for additional offices, printing & mailing, and maintenance.